Thursday, March 17, 2005

Fight me Jimmy!

It's St Paddy's day, I'm listening to the Dropkick Murphys, wearing my Irish rugby jersey, pining for a pint of Kilkenny and I'm damn angry! The last two afternoons I've witnessed the lowest of human behaviour while simply trying to get home, and it makes my blood boil! What heinous act of human degradation is this? Queue jumping, pushing in, cutting in front, that's what! The arrogant act of ignoring the common sense of others because obviously you're so much more important than they are! Now people obviously line up to keep some semblance of order and fairness and just plain common courtesy - 'you were here before me, so I'll let you get on the ferry home before me, no problem'. Now most people have this under control, and though you may have to wait a little, you still get home.

But of course there are always those who are just way too important for lines and queues. I wonder how these people - especially that women in the red top, I've seen you, that's 2 days in a row now!!!! - would feel if I decided I should be first on the ferry, and communicated this to others by kicking the absolute s##t through anyone in front of me? I don't think they'd be too happy now.

I see no difference between this violent approach and simply cutting in line - both show total disrespect for the people around you. Get over yourself, wait another 5 minutes and get the next one. Today, it may just save you!

Flame mode off.

1 Comments:

At 4/05/2005 04:52:00 pm, Blogger mohan said...

I can't wait to push in front of you at the Mr. Beans queue. I'll have my lawsuit written up and ready before I do it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home